Friday, May 20, 2005

Barry Bonds

If anybody wants a good laugh, you can check out the newest online commentary by Barry Bonds. But if you don't want to give the guy some hits on his website, here are some of the highlights.

Dear Fans,

Shouldn't that be singular?

I made it to the ball park a few times this week and had a great time hanging with the guys in the clubhouse.

Really? Is this the same surly Barry that has his own office and recliner in the Giants clubhouse? It's really interesting seeing that Brett Tomko recently said on the Jim Rome Show that nobody knows how Barry is doing because he is never around his teammates.

Either Barry Bonds is a liar, or he's finally starting to realize that his career might not last forever and it's time to start enjoying the camaraderie with his teammates.

We going with 'liar.'

Tuesday was a special day. For about an hour I interviewed one of the greatest baseball players ever, my godfather, Willie Mays. I asked him questions about his career and about me as a child.

So Barry Bonds had some time to spend with one of the greatest living ballplayers of all time, and Barry asks about Barry. How fitting.

From his April 23 journal:

During Spring Training, I attended a press conference at my alma mater, ASU, announcing the re-naming of the stadium to honor coach Jim Brock. After the announcement, I spent some time with the baseball team during their batting practice. I had a great time and was able to give the guys a few hitting pointers.

It's uncertain if Bonds recommended the clear or the cream. Allegedly.

From his March 7 journal:

I'll be there. I'll be on the field and in the lineup on Opening Day. I think that's fair to say. Based on the way my right knee is feeling right now, I'll be ready.

It's clear to see that he�s not much of a prognosticator. How'd that work out anyway? Maybe steroids can only do so much. Allegedly.

And check out this picture.



Dude loves his recliner.

For those that do check out the website there is a section for "shout outs." We still haven't seen shout outs to Juan Tobonia, Howie Feldersnatch, or Al Bonya. Get to work on that, people.

QUICK BASEBALL THOUGHT

How many people outside of Southern California realize that Khalil Greene of the San Diego Padres is a white dude? There has to be fantasy owners on the East Coast who stumble on a Padres game and are just stunned at this.

No comments:

Post a Comment