Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Film Vaults #3 - Kick-Ass (2010)


This week's choice for "The Film Vaults" is extremely current as Kick-Ass is still in the cinema, but after getting my second viewing of it this weekend, I felt it deserved a place in the Vaults...
The film is incredibly funny from the word 'Go' and maintains a good flow of laughter throughout, but also manages to have a great action packed storyline...
I had my reservations at first about the cast - on the one hand we had the likes of Christopher Mintz-Plasse (aka. McLovin), the beautiful Lyndsy Fonseca (one of my former choices for "Babe of the Week") and the hilarious Clark Duke (the funny guy from Sex Drive) which really made me want to see the film... On the other hand however the film also heavily features Nicholas "can't act to save my life" Cage, whom I generally can't stand and try to avoid any films he's in...
As it turned out however not even the ever annoying Mr. Cage could ruin this film for me and as well as Mintz-Plasse, Fonseca and Duke, you also get some great acting from relative newcomers (I hadn't seen them in anything before anyway) Aaron Johnson as Kick-Ass and Chloe Moretz as Hit-Girl...
All in all its a fantastic film and well worth going to see, although if you're the type of person who gets an uneasy stomach when faced with blood and gore, be warned some of the scenes are filled with gory violence...

No comments:

Post a Comment