Friday, February 11, 2011

Remember That Crow?

Yeah, well it was all bout Jeremy Sowers.  Prior to the 2007 season I predicted, for J, the type of success that Cliff Lee enjoyed in '08.  I think I went on record with "22-3 and a 2.25."  Ouch.  And now we have certainly hit rock bottom.  After struggling through minor shoulder issues last season, Sowers is on the shelf for the next 9-12 months after having rotator cuff surgery on his pitching shoulder.

I always believed that Jeremy had the right mixture of command and baseball smarts to make it big.  Eventually his undoing came via the scourge of over-analysis.  A Vandy grad, Sowers has admitted that some of his starts were detrimented as he tried to overcompensated for a prior poor performance.  Oh well, maybe the kid will get a shot somewhere else.  Yes, I would believe that his time with Tribe is over.

Here's a card from back in the day -


No comments:

Post a Comment