Wednesday, February 23, 2011

You hear what you want to hear


I hate the Indians. I hate that I'm always excited about baseball in February and dejected in October. I hate that I am so irrational in my optimism for this hapless team. It was about this time last year I had a discussion with e that the Indians might not have the pitching, but at least they were going to be tearing the cover off the ball in 2010. Ugh.

This year's version is that hey, our pitching staff ain't too bad, with a ton of talent on its way up. And that lineup, if guys stay healthy is going to be putting up some numbers.

That is basically the premise of this long article on theclevelandfan. He puts way more time into statistically supporting his delusion then I do. His #1 point, the tribe had a team ERA of just 3.89 in a meaningless 2nd half of 2010.

So there you have it, the rationalization to get excited for the Tribe in 2011. We've got the pieces in place that if a lot of things go right, this could be an exciting season. That is the hope you hang onto that makes Grady's trade to the Red Sox in July all the more crushing.

No comments:

Post a Comment