Monday, September 8, 2008

Skins, "Sid": Dancing cheek to cheek

Quick spoilers for the latest episode of "Skins" coming up just as soon as I find a clean t-shirt...

Given that Sid has been one of my favorite characters to date -- and by far the character with the most combined screen time to date -- his spotlight episode was a disappointment. Or maybe it's because he had been featured so much that it was a disappointment. The Cass, Jal and Chris episodes were good because they were good, but also because they told us so much we didn't know or realize about each character. We've gotten so much Sid in the previous four episodes that I don't feel like I know him any better after last night than I did before.

I feel like I know Tony better, though, as he's gone from obnoxious user to complete bastard. And I feel like I know Michelle better, because if her self-esteem is so low that she'd take Tony back even after his latest stunt, there's no saving her anytime soon. (And Sid's a fool -- albeit a very typical teenage fool -- in thinking he would ever, ever have a shot with her.)

Not much else to say. Continued good performances from all the kids, particularly Hannah Murray as Cass, but this was the first episode of the show that felt predictable.

What did everybody else think?

No comments:

Post a Comment