Friday, December 16, 2005

Terrell Owens Has A Point

Terrell Owens let it all hang out in a recent interviewwith GQ Magazine about his unfair treatment in Philadelphia. It is going to be hard to admit this, but dude has a point about last year's Super Bowl.

"When I was rehabbing, they called me selfish for trying to get on the field to play," Owens explained. "I said, 'You guys are labeling me selfish for rehabbing, trying to play in the biggest game of the year?' If Brett Favre had done it, you would've said he was a hero, would've given him an 'ironman' award or something like that.

"But me? For whatever reason, I was selfish. And for the life of me, I just don't understand."

That makes sense. We went back to look at our archives to see what we were saying at the time. This is kind of surprising. Here is what we wrote way back in January.

The Hater Nation does not like Terrell Owens. But why are the critics calling him out for trying to play in the Super Bowl? If this was Peyton Manning, ESPN would be fellating Manning as the bravest quarterback ever to put on a pair of cleats.

Instead Owens is called "selfish" because he's trying to lead his team to a Super Bowl victory. Owens is guilty of many things, but this certainly isn't one of them.

Not only did we agree with Owens back then, we almost had the same verbatim point. We are officially scared now.

No comments:

Post a Comment