Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I can't believe I watched the whole thing!

Last night, I watched every play of the Giants-Panthers pre-season game. Every single one. (And don't forget that you can read The Star-Ledger's fine team coverage of it here.) Now, I was watching it on a DVR delay so I could skip through the commercials, but I still stuck through every play, and nearly every bit of analysis and/or banter from the revamped "Monday Night Football" team (where Jon Gruden is a massive improvement over Tony Kornheiser, much as I love Tony on "PTI").

I did this even though I have plenty of DVD screeners to watch (right now, the first few episodes of Sons of Anarchy are burning a hole in my bag), and even though most of the Giants starters were, true to form for pre-season game number one, done by the start of the second quarter. But I stuck through the whole thing because I'm football-starved, and because I wanted to see how all the Giants' young wide receivers did in the quest to replace Plaxico and Amani (short answer: none of the backup QBs were playing well enough, and/or had good enough protection, to get them the ball).

But even after the amusing end, where Tommie Hill saved everyone from having to suffer through overtime, I said to myself, "Why on Earth did I sit through all of that?"

So here's today's open question for all of you: what's something you watched over the past few months that you couldn't really justify even as you couldn't stop watching, and that left you at the end realizing that you'd never get those minutes/hours of your life back?

NOTE: Don't be shy about admitting what it was. There will be no judging allowed by me or anyone else in the comments. If it makes you feel better, I watched "Kourtney and Khloe Take Miami" the other night.

No comments:

Post a Comment