Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Aalyiah

So as many of you know Aalyiah was chosen to leave this earth by our God 9 years ago.  I remember getting a call while on vacation in Mesquite Nevada with my family from my best friend Rina, she said "Aalyiah died," nothing more nothing less just those words. As I stood on the balcony of my hotel in the 100 plus degrees I felt crazy inside. I had no words no thoughts at that moment I was in shock, when I arrived home a few days later her passing was everywhere and on everything. I still listen to her, I still LOVE her hair, the way she danced and remember how beautiful she was. That infamous side bang is still the business. As we all remember her today I think Drake said it best....


(via Rap Radar.com)
Dear Dana,

I�ve never lost a parent, a friend, or a lover but I will never forget this day for the rest of my life. I remember getting the news that you had passed and it connected with my heart like a clean shot from Muhammad Ali. I was crushed. Not only was I one of your biggest fans but I was truly in love with you. I loved the way you carried yourself, the way you dressed, the confidence with which you addressed passion and relationships in your music. I said to myself that even if we never met, I wanted a woman in my life just like you. I am pained that we will never get to connect now that music ended up being my career path. But you should know, we all listen to you everyday and we remain inspired and moved by all that you�ve given the world. I hope I make the right life choices so I can end up in heaven where I know you rest your head. I�ll continue to make music in your honor until the day we finally meet. Dinner�s on me!
Love you always and forever,
Drake



    

No comments:

Post a Comment