Monday, January 30, 2006

Make Up Your Mind

Brett Favre really loves attention. Favre announced in an ESPN interview that he is undecided about whether to retire or not from football. What he is certain of is that he loves to get reporters talking with the retirement tease.

Who does this guy think he is, Ryan Seacrest? You could imagine FOX televising Favre's big announcement and saying, "I have made a decision and that decision is...I'll tell you after the break."

Favre said that he was concerned about his image if he came back for one more season.

"I love the game too much and I love my legacy too much to have that just be OK," Favre said, "and I don't want to be just OK. I want to be good, and I don't know if I'm committed enough [right now] to be good on an everyday basis."

Too late. Favre wasn't good last season, as he threw 29 interceptions with a passer rating near Tiger Woods average round (70.9). Favre has already achieved the Willie Mays for the Mets stage of his career. Favre's decision-making skills have diminished so much his only option is to retire.

Or at least play for the Raiders.

What should Favre do? Talk about it in the message board a certain major newspaper in Orange County does not want you to see, the Hater Nation Forums.

No comments:

Post a Comment