Monday, September 25, 2006

Sunday night miscellany

Better-than-recent "Simpsons" (particularly the mall scenes), and I've realized that "Family Guy" is always funnier to me if I'm tired, drunk or on painkillers. (No fair telling which one I was last night.) I weighed in on "Desperate Housewives" and "Brothers & Sisters" earlier in the week, but am curious for any reactions, especially since those are two shows I probably won't be sticking with for very long.

Also, a spoiler for the "Brotherhood" finale after the jump...

As with "The Wire," I got to see the entire season of this show at once. Unlike "The Wire," I didn't feel compelled enough to go back and rewatch each episode for real-time reviews. Overall, it was a decent start, but the pacing got very sluggish very fast, and it felt like the last few episodes (from the highway suicide on) had to cram in way too much to make up for the lack of forward momentum in the rest of the season.

But here's my question: the last development with Declan and Mike looked pretty irreversible to me, but Showtime went and renewed the show. Does the title change? Do we get a supernatural element? Or was the beating not nearly as bad as we were led to believe?

No comments:

Post a Comment