Monday, August 25, 2008

New 'Cupid' is a go

A source close to the production on the "Cupid" remake confirmed what Nikki Finke and Kristin have reported: ABC just picked it up to series. (They're also reporting several other pick ups, which I don't know about.)

I've been excited for this ever since it was first announced, and especially once Bobby Cannavale was cast in the Jeremy Piven role. Now it feels like all that time I spent watching the original "Cupid" during the strike will come in handy when it comes time to look at the new series. I still don't know if it will work, but as I've said over and over since the new version was announced, the ABC of 2008 (or, in this case, 2009) is far better equipped to launch a show like this than the ABC of 1998 was.

No comments:

Post a Comment