Friday, January 30, 2009

Good housekeeping

Four bits of blog-related business, tied to "Friday Night Lights," "Battlestar Galactica," "Chuck" and "Scrubs":

• As I mention every Friday, I'm re-posting the original versions of my "Friday Night Lights" reviews from the DirecTV run to retain the comments, which means that the reviews won't ping anyone's RSS reader. So if you follow the blog that way, you need to click here to read the review of episode three, "How the Other Half Lives."

• I'm not getting "Battlestar Galactica" episodes in advance anymore. As I discussed on this week's "Lost" review, I'm faced with the choice of getting something done quick or doing it right, and I'm choosing the latter. So don't expect a review until sometime tomorrow at the earliest. Do not use this post or any other to discuss tonight's episode.

• If you're attending the New York Comic-Con next weekend (Feb. 6-8), I'm going to be moderating the "Chuck" panel -- featuring Josh Schwartz, Chris Fedak and Yvonne Strahovski -- on Sunday at 11:15 a.m. Originally, it was just going to be Schwartz and Fedak, which would have been incredibly nerdy. I'd say Yvonne Strahovski significantly lowers the overall nerd factor, but you never know -- she could turn up espousing the genius of Zot! or John Byrne or something. If anything interesting comes up, I'll include a mini-report in my review of the Feb. 9 episode of "Chuck."

• I was told earlier this week that ABC's plan for "Scrubs" was to air repeats of this season's first six episodes from now until the show moves to a new timeslot on Wednesdays in mid-March. I'm guessing somebody did the math and realized there would be too many remaining episodes to air them all between March 18 and the end of the season, because now I'm told there will continue to be back-to-back originals on Tuesdays for at least the next two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment