Tuesday, March 31, 2009

American Idol, Top 9: We Have No Theme Night

For a variety of reasons you wouldn't be interested in, I got interrupted in the middle of watching tonight's "American Idol," and when it came time for me to come back and watch everyone after Anoop (decent, but not worthy of being so smug towards the judges, even though they're mostly idiots) and Megan (a bit dull, but still much better than she's been in recent weeks), I found myself really struggling to care.

That sometimes happens at this phase of the contest where I haven't really latched onto a contestant yet, and I knew that if I kept going, I'd just be in a bad mood no matter what anybody else did. I came back to check out Adam, just because I wanted to see what bizarre thing he would do to "Play That Funky Music" (and I guess give him credit for never being dull, even if he's annoying half the time), and then stuck around through Kris' solid Bill Withers cover, but any opinions I apply to this show are going to be as irritated and uninspired as the faux theme. So go read the recap by my buddy Dan Fienberg, who's usually on the same wavelength as me and wasn't as detached from the proceedings, and fire away with your thoughts in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment