Monday, September 21, 2009

Accidentally on Purpose: I watched so you don't have to

Because of both my schedule and space limitations in the paper, I've had to do some triage on the fall shows, and not every new series is going to get a full review. Today, for instance, I was much more interested in reviewing the "House" season premiere than I was in devoting a whole column to "Accidentally on Purpose" (tonight at 8:30 on CBS), which is one of the season's most grating rookies. There was a time in the early days of "Dharma & Greg" when Jenna Elfman (who plays a newspaper movie critic who gets pregnant after a one-night stand with the young guy on the left, played by Jon Foster) seemed like a loose, natural comedienne, but she's trying way too hard to sell the jokes here - possibly because she knows no one's going to buy them without a whole lot of help.

Avoid if you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment