Friday, February 24, 2006

Chad Cordero: Juiced

Barry Bonds won�t play in the World Baseball Classic because he can�t quit steroids. (Allegedly) Washington Nationals pitcher Chad Cordero not only will play in the WBC, but he even swore off the steroids.

Or at least Albuterol.

The former Cal State Fullerton closer hasn�t used his inhaler the past two months because the Albuterol he takes is considered a banned substance by the WBC. It seems the international baseball is a little bit tougher on steroids than Bud Selig could ever hope to be. But isn't this going a little over-board? David Wells could show up and pitch drunk, but the WBC would allow Cordero to die on the mound because of an asthma attack.

While other major league players have balked at playing for their country because of various ailments or other reasons, Cordero has been out their laboring to breath in order to represent his country.

"This is a huge deal to be able to play for your country," Cordero told the Washington Times. "That's why I've sacrificed taking the medicine that I need because being able to play for the USA is something you may never have a chance to do again."

Cordero gets it. Then there is Bonds. Check out what the engimatic slugger had to say on his website.

�The obvious objections were about my health and whether or not I would be ready to play. In the end, I decided that I can't take any chances that might jeopardize my season. I don't want to give the impression that the WBC is not important. I know this means a lot to showcasing our sport worldwide, and the patriotism of playing for Team USA would have been a great honor. I feel what is best for me, my family, the Giants, and our fans is that I sit the WBC out.�

Of course Barry comes first. Typical. The guy can try to hide behind his family but you know that he is not going because he can't use his "inhaler." (Allegedly)

To read more about Cordero you can click here. Bag on Bonds in the Hater Nation Forums.

No comments:

Post a Comment