Sunday, February 24, 2008

Academy Awards open thread

There's a part of me that's tempted to blow off tonight's Oscars, since the only thing I really want to see is Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova perform the amazing "Falling Slowly" from "Once." (Watch the version from the movie here.) Plus, I may still be on the road when Jon Stewart starts his monologue. But for those who want to get worked up about red carpet fashion, the drinking of milkshakes, cattle stunners, etc., feel free to talk about all things Oscar here.

One request: for the benefit of people (like me) who haven't seen all the nominees, please refrain from going too much into detail (or spoiler territory) about the movies themselves. i.e., saying "The dialogue in 'Juno' annoyed me" is okay, but talking about the ending of "No Country For Old Men" is not.

Play nice, and if I get home in time and can force myself to care, I'll weigh in in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment