Thursday, July 10, 2008

If there's full-frontal male nudity, it must be HBO

I always seem to wind up entering press tour at a, um, colorful moment. At my very first session of last summer's tour, Sarah Silverman told me to go bleep myself (she was kidding, I think), and the first image to greet me upon my arrival at this summer's tour was two very muscular, very naked, very silly-looking men (see above) being more affectionate than they perhaps realized.

This was a clip from "Little Britain," the popular British sketch comedy series that's arriving on HBO (with all new episodes, produced in America and directed by Michael Patrick Jann from "The State" and David "Ross" Schwimmer) in late September. Needless to say, it got my attention.

The "Little Britain" session was the next-to-last of the day -- HBO is paneling the Alan Ball vampire soap opera "True Blood" as I type this -- so I'm still playing catch-up. Among the things I missed today while I was in the air:
  • "Little Britain" HBO will debut on Sunday, Sept. 28, at 10:30 p.m. It'll be following new episodes (and hopefully funny ones, though based on the last few seasons, I'm not optimistic) of "Entourage," which will be back on Sept. 7, along with the debut of "True Blood."
  • I've been saying from the day that HBO canceled "Deadwood" that I would believe the proposed wrap-up movies would get made the day the review screeners crossed my desk. Looks like that's never going to happen: HBO co-president Richard Plepler told the critics, "I think it's safe to report that the likelihood of Deadwood (movies) happening is slim to none."
Maybe more later tonight as I get acclimated, and I hope to hit the ground running first thing tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment