Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Terminator, "Automatic for the People": Kim Kelly is my landlady

Quick spoilers for last night's "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" coming up just as soon as I talk my wife into getting us a racecar bed...

Not bad. Nothing remotely as exciting as Cameron temporarily turning evil to chase after John and Sarah, but also nothing as goofy as Shirley Manson turning into a urinal (or vice versa). This show's going to come in a distant third to "Chuck" and "HIMYM" for me in the timeslot, but that's what multiple DVRs or Hulu are for.

Couple of random thoughts:

• Hi, I'm a sci-fi nerd, and therefore care about the rules for a show that so liberally uses time travel. John and Sarah have already changed the timeline many times, and now Shirley Manson's doing the same, and yet Future John is still able to send people and intel back to help his mom and his former self. I'm not crying foul over anything they've done yet, but at some point I want Cameron or Shirley or even Derek to explain how this all works.

• Exactly how long did it take the Zack Ward character to write that much in his own blood, and wouldn't it have been smarter for him to just walk into Sarah's new house and ask, "Hey, can I borrow a pen and paper -- and maybe some first aid?"

• Also, re: Zack Ward, when you see him do you think of him as Titus' dopey kid brother, or as yellow-eyed Scut Farkus?

• Good on the producers for giving Busy Philipps something to distract her during the late stages of her pregnancy.

• Is there any way John's new girlfriend (whom I believe is a cast regular) is as normal and non-SkyNet-y as John takes her for?

What did everybody else think?

No comments:

Post a Comment