Thursday, July 23, 2009

Comic-Con day 1: Chuck poster, Dexter, and lines. Very long lines.

I wound up making slightly more than a cameo on day one of Comic-Con. Parking and getting my credential proved so relatively easy that I got on line for the "Dexter" panel, then spent an hour with Fienberg wondering if we had even a prayer of getting in, given that the line snaked around for-ev-er. Luckily, we did, and just before they started showing a trailer for "Dexter" season 4, featuring the great Jean John Lithgow as this year's very special guest. (You can read some of the highlights of the panel -- and the line -- on my Twitter feed.)

As I suspected, both the availability of outlets and Internet connectivity is spotty at best, so whatever blogging gets done will happen on an irregular basis. Based on the experience with the "Dexter" line, and what Dan has been telling me about the lines in general this year, I suspect my plan each day is going to be to park in a given room all day (most of the TV panels tend to be in the same place), so in theory I can try to blog during the panels I don't care about. (I'm hopefully going to spend a lot of Saturday in the famously huge Hall H, where the things I'm really looking forward to -- "Lost," Mike Judge's "Extract," "Iron Man 2," Kevin Smith -- will be sandwiched around a bunch of horror/sci-fi movies I don't care about, so maybe I'll do a lot of catching up then.)

I obviously won't be able to blog, or even tweet about, the "Chuck" panel as it's going on on Saturday (from 10-11 a.m. local time), but Fienberg has promised to liveblog it on his blog the same way he did today for the "Twilight" press conference.

And in the meantime, the "Chuck" guys wanted me to give you guys the first look at the special poster they had made for Comic-Con. (Click on it to see the full-sized version.) I think it looks suitably awesome, and I'm especially happy that they drew Jeff holding his keytar.

No comments:

Post a Comment