Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Jumping back into the deep end

Hope everybody had a good Labor Day weekend, and an even better summer. I didn't exactly take the weekend off, what with the "Mad Men" review on Sunday and my final "Sports Night" review yesterday (along with my "Sons of Anarchy" and "Melrose Place" columns, which I wrote before my vacation started). But while I was away, I missed various bits of news, including AMC renewing "Mad Men," NBC announcing plans for a "Prime Suspect" remake, "SNL" hiring two actresses and firing two others, Charlie Gibson retiring and Diane Sawyer being named to succeed him, Megan Mullally replacing Jane Lynch on "Party Down," and a whole bunch of other stuff you can find links to on TV Tattle if you didn't know about them already.

I'd offer some analysis, but I gotta move forward. This is the start of my busiest time of year. Fall shows are starting to premiere (though mostly only on the CW this week) which I'll have to review for the paper, plus I have interviews to write up from press tour, plus we have the Emmys coming up, plus I'm still dealing with "Mad Men," etc., etc., etc. As always, I'm still trying to figure out what shows I'm going to cover on the blog, how often (and in how much depth) and generally how my schedule will work.

My actual fall preview column is going to run in Sunday's paper, though I imagine I'll get the usual thumbs-up to run it here on Friday. But in general, my goal is to put my head down and write, write, write - that is, when I'm not watching new screeners.

But before my fall preview runs, I'm curious: what new and/or returning shows are you most looking forward to seeing?

No comments:

Post a Comment