Monday, December 27, 2010

The Smith's: Willow Smith Remakes Will Smith's 80's Hit "Parent's Just Don't Understand"



Willow Smith sat down for a video interview with Yahoo Music to discuss music and her infamous hair! Here's what she had to say:


What's the meaning behind the song "Whip My Hair??"?
It�s about don�t be afraid to be yourself, don�t let anybody tell you that, that�s wrong just be yourself.
What is your favorite hairstyle from the video???
The cotton candy one.
What's your favorite, Acting or Singing??
?I�m in the music world right now so I don�t really focus on acting but I love acting.??A remake of �Parents Just Don�t Understand�??There�s a possibility that I will�it�s a really great song.
What advice do you get from your parents??
?Have fun because that�s the best. If you�re not really having fun then there�s no point of really trying. And sometimes it can be work. You need to do it. Sometimes you have to do it because you have to promote your song.
What is the message in your music???
I have the motto that says �Whatever you see in your closet that you like�.pick it and wear it.� It�s not just your closet but it�s with your life. Whatever catches your eye�check it out. If you want to jump over a log, jump over a log.
How do you feel about working with stars like Jay-Z??
When I have an idea and I express it to him, he doesn�t say �Oh, that�s bad I don�t like that!� He tries to make it better.
Why did Meeting Jay-Z make you nervous???
Because he�s Jay-Z! He�s sold like�..I don�t even know how many albums he�s sold. I was nervous because what if he said �So, Willow why do you want to sing?� and I�m like �Because� because I want to sing.� He would be like�Okay.� I was just really nervous.
Can you tell us about any of your other songs???
can�t tell you�BUT they�re going to have messages in them just like �Whip My Hair.
Is recording easier than you expected???
It�s hard because when you�re in the studio, and your friends are calling you like, �Oh you want to go see this movie �Twilight� it�s coming out in a couple days.� And I�m like, �Oh, I can�t I�m recording. Have fun� And I�m like, �Mom, can I not do recording?� And she�s like, �Well, you have to because you want to do songs.� So it�s hard.
Will there be any Smith collaborations on the album???
Yes, there will be, Soon, coming soon.
How much input do you have on your songs?
?I actually have a lot. They chose what songs they want to do. � And they bring them to me, and I can pick which ones I do want to do. So when I pick them, I sing them, and they turn into �Whip My Hair.�
Anything your fans don�t know about you??
One thing that they really don�t know about me is that I like to eat cheese out of a bowl everyday. I like to eat cheese a lot.

Check out the interview here:



   

No comments:

Post a Comment