Tuesday, May 19, 2009

American Idol: Thoughts on the top 2?

As I warned yesterday when I linked to my "American Idol" finale preview, I wasn't sure if I was going to get to watch the final performance show live. I couldn't, so The Star-Ledger's Vicki Hyman filled in for me on "Idol" recap duty.

I did manage to see most of the show, sort of, and the one thing I was struck by was how patronizing all four judges were to Kris after his final performance, basically telling him to be proud he was going to finish second. It wasn't quite as brutal a case of a finalist being thrown under the bus as what Simon said to David Cook last year (which backfired on him, and he had to apologize the next night, no doubt because he knew big David was the winner), but that sequence is going to be more fodder for the people who are convinced the show desperately wants Adam to win.

What do you think? Who did better tonight? And at this late stage, does that even matter, or is it all about fanbases (or anti-fanbases)?

No comments:

Post a Comment