Wednesday, May 27, 2009

We may now interrupt your regularly scheduled summer programming

So while I've been busy getting all excited about season 2 of "The Wire" and starting with "Sports Night," I've been taking advantage of the post-season lull to dive back into "Band of Brothers." History Channel did a Memorial Day marathon, and HBO has been featuring the episodes On Demand, plus I have the DVDs, so it's been easy (and a good motivational tool for when I need to ride the exer-cycle). I started out watching them for fun, but as I go through the episodes, I keep thinking to myself, "Boy, I wish I had a blog back when this aired." And I'm kinda thinking I want to add it to the summer rotation

But the episodes are only up On Demand until June 8, and since the DVDs are both less available and more expensive than the ones for "The Wire" or "Sports Night," we kind of have a week and a half to do this where the episodes are available to as wide a group as possible. And I don't have time to do 10 episodes in 10 days or so, even if I'm being briefer than I'd be on "The Wire." (And I would be briefer. Like I said, I'm riding the bike while watching these, so no notes are being taken, and I'd only do this for fun.)

So here's my question: how many people either have the DVDs available, or remember the miniseries well enough, or would be willing/able to watch 'em On Demand now and wait for the reviews when they come to discuss them, to make it worth whatever time I'd be spending on it?

Thoughts?

UPDATE: Okay, response has been overwhelming enough that I'm gonna do it. Not sure of the schedule, or format, but look for something early next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment