Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Gilmore Girls: Well, they did it

Spoilers for "Gilmore Girls" just as soon as I calculate how many restraining orders David Rosenthal is going to have to file this morning...

Well... um... how about that Lane and Zach subplot, huh? ("Hit me! Hit me!") Clearly, that's what everyone's going to be talking about this morning, right? Right? Right. Sigh...

If it wasn't for last shot of the hour, I would think Rosenthal and company had just decided to hitch their wagons to Lorelai and Chris as a couple, all the Luke and Lorelai fans be damned. But that sure as hell looked like buyer's remorse on Lorelai's face, which more than likely means that this is the rock bottom of her relationship with the guy, the cold slap of reality she needed so she can spend the rest of the season getting out and finding a way back to Luke.

I think so, anyway. To be honest, I'm having a hard time getting worked up one way or the other, in part because Amy's last season completely desensitized me to any major out-of-character behavior, in part because, major plotting aside, I don't feel that engaged by the show anymore. It can be funny at times but not consistently enough, and the new writers haven't succeeded in fixing the emotional connections that Amy severed on her way out the door. So I'm ambivalent about almost everything that's happening.

What say the rest of you? Anyone feeling particularly homicidal this morning?

No comments:

Post a Comment