Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Great Commercial

You have to figure that most NFL players enjoy being immortalized on the Madden video games. Well, everybody except for the Colts Dallas Clark. As you have probably seen dozens of times on your typical NFL Sunday, Clark is the guy getting blown up by two Eagles defenders in the Madden commercials�much to the delight of the gamers.

Clark isn't so amused.

"I'm upset about it. It makes me look like a punk. Everyone is talking about my face and my grunting and the noises that I make. It sounds like I'm dying. I want to know why the people picked me. If they come and ask me, 'Hey, we�re going to make you look bad, is that OK?' but they didn�t ask me."

Actually Dallas, you would be surprised to find out that probably 90 percent of NFL watchers don't even know who you are. Which leads to another point and that is that the Madden people really missed a marketing coup. Yeah, if they were going to use anybody, why not somebody everybody would enjoy seeing lit up, like Terrell Owens, Keyshawn Johnson or Randy Moss? Heck, if you were going to opt for a member of the Colts, why not everybody�s favorite pitchman Peyton Manning? The one commercial Manning doesn�t do.

No comments:

Post a Comment