Friday, December 1, 2006

The O.C.: Pajama time

Spoilers for "The O.C." just as soon as I pet my bunny...

Well, last night was The Taylor Townsend Show, and is that such a bad thing? They're not even being subtle about putting her together with Ryan, they've contrived a reason for her to share scenes with Julie and Kaitlin, and Sandy and Julie act like she's been one of their sons' friends since kindergarten. But this isn't a Cousin Oliver situation because Taylor is just too funny, and any excuse to put her in scenes with any other character is fine by me. In particular, Ryan was funny last night because of her, particularly his amazement at Taylor's amazing psychic powers.

Liked Julie and Kaitlin fighting over the same guy (particularly Julie shamelessly dancing around in her tennis skirt), liked that Che totally sold out Summer and didn't realize what a dick move it was because of his love of The Movement, and I even liked The Bullet.

I'm not saying that I don't want the show to ever be serious again, but the one area where it's almost never faltered has been the comedy, and I'm glad Josh figured that out (and/or decided to ignore the network notes asking for more angst). As mentioned yesterday, I've essentially given up on "Grey's Anatomy," so as long as "O.C." and "Scrubs"/"30 Rock" remain in existence, they get the Thursday at 9 priority.

What did everybody else think?

No comments:

Post a Comment