Friday, December 8, 2006

Scrubs: Who wants an abortion?

That's two very meh "Scrubs" episodes to start the season. At what point should I start getting concerned? Spoilers coming up just as soon as I figure out how the baby got out of the NICU so fast...

I give them major points for being so blunt in JD and Kim's discussion of abortion, even though I knew there was little to no chance of them having the guts (or, more importantly, the juice within NBC) to have Kim go through with it. I also liked Scolding Statue Jesus' take on the subject and the entire subplot about Cox being too candid with Jack. (Christa Miller also played the hell out of that little moment when Jordan said, "I sure did, sweetie" after Jack kept saying that she had an abortion, as you could see her imagining what that first kid might have been like, even as she knew she made the right choice for her.)

As for the rest of the show, I liked JD and Turk's drumline dance, Turk using his frozen hand to cool/calm Carla, Todd complimenting Carla on her vagina, but this one had the same problem as the premiere: too much happening, and too many jarring tone shifts between pathos and pure unadulterated wackiness.

Is it just me?

No comments:

Post a Comment