Wednesday, February 14, 2007

There yesterday, gone today

The last time I ran a mailbag question that depended on my allegedly encyclopedic knowledge of this business we call television, you lot immediately filled the comments section of that morning's blog entry with examples I had completely forgotten. In that case, the topic was stars who played wildly different roles in two series. For the next mailbag, I'm going in the opposite direction:
Dear Alan: Just saw a commercial for a law firm featuring a much aged Daniel L. Travanti. Got me thinking about all the popular stars who had one long running series and then vanished. Sherman Hemsley and Bonnie Franklin also come to mind. You can probably come up with dozens more.
So rather than be chided after the fact for forgetting really obvious ones, I figured I'd open the floor in advance. Fire away, fellow geeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment