Thursday, April 19, 2007

Eddings Still Sucks

Umpire Doug Eddings, obviously smarting from all of the attention that Joey Crawford has recently received, went out of his way to reclaim his title of biggest douche nozzle of an official.

How you ask? By making fun of David Wells weight. The following took place after Eddings missed a few calls last night. (Go figure.)

Following a bang-bang play at first -- where Eddings ruled that Thompson missed first base, allowing Callaspo to reach -- Wells boiled over.

But he said Eddings took it a step further as the umpire "rubbed his belly" as if to call Wells "fat."

Said Wells: "I thought (Thompson's) foot was on (the bag). Replay shows it did and that's where the frustration comes out ... I understand they're trying to do their job as well. You get riled up. I got riled up. I said, 'You didn't miss one, you missed two.' Things started heating up and he was over there chirping and chirping and he tossed me out. Then he made a gesture ... that to me is stepping over the line. I take it personally."


Well played Doug, you are the undisputed king of the a-hole officials.

No comments:

Post a Comment