Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Quit Crying Strahan

Poor Mikey Strahan doesn't much like the NFL. He told the New York Post as much:

"You want to be an NFL star? You want to stand in my shoes? Let's say one day I came to you and offered you a million dollars to let me take a huge hunting knife and wear down the blade until it was rusty and really dull. Then, when it's really dull and nasty, I would stick it into a pit of burning coals until the blade was white-hot. Finally, I would pull that sucker out of the flames and stab you over and over and over again. Take that blade and stab you in the ankles, your feet and your wrists. Not just stick it in but turn. Every single year I have somebody sink this awful, dreadful blade into a few parts of my body."


Boo hoo. Now, many people would say that Strahan gets paid a lot of money and that he should suck it up. And you are right, but it goes much deeper than that. Listening to all of these athletes and actors, who have worked so hard to get to where they are complain about it is sickening. If you didn't want to go through all of that stuff Michael, you could have just walked away like Tiki Barber did. To complain about the horrors of the NFL, yet show up for training camp just makes you look like a huge dope.

No comments:

Post a Comment