Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Tiki Should Move On

Tiki Barber has retired from the Giants, but he refuses to let go of his junior high-like feud with Tom Coughlin.

"Tom is the way he is; he's not going to change, and that's fine," he said. "Just as it's his prerogative to coach that way and treat people the way he does, it's my prerogative to do something else and give you a reason why."

Later, he added, "If I was lying, if I said, 'Tom was a great guy,' that he said, 'Tiki, I know you're hurt, take a day off,' or if we screwed up he didn't yell at me and said, 'OK, Tiki,' with positive reinforcement, then I'd be lying and I'd be wrong."


Tiki also said that he was like, totally going to slam Coughlin on his myspace page, and like totally ban him from his friends list. As the People's Champ pointed out a while back, Coughlin pretty much salvaged Tiki�s career by teaching him how to hold on to the football. And does Coughlin get a little gratitude? Nope. Coughlin doesn�t even get the benefit of the doubt from a former player who would probably be better off just taking the high road on this whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment