Wednesday, May 6, 2009

My Boys, "Madder of Degrees": The weather outside's delightful

Quick spoilers for last night's "My Boys" (as well as belated thoughts on last week's episode) coming up just as soon as I deal with my cat allergy...

"My Boys" is a show I watch with my wife, which means sometimes it has to wait until we both have the chance to watch it together (and after we've already watched other shows together that are higher on the blog priority list), so last night we wound up doing a double-feature with both "Madder of Degrees" and last week's "Carpe Burritoem."

I don't necessarily have a lot to say about either one, because when "My Boys" is clicking the way it has been all season, it's just... fun. I have a good time watching it, whether the behavior is on the more realistic side (PJ realizing she and Bobby are moving too fast because of the warm temperature) or sillier (last week, Kenny getting way too serious about his band, or Mike playing emotional crash test dummy). Any episode that gives Jamie Kaler a chance to do his McConnaughey is alright, alright with me, and if they can find a way to work in somebody like Felicia Day on top of that, so much the better.

I'd say "Carpe Burritoem" was probably the better of the two, as it featured that great climax with Bobby warning Mike that "it's a trap!" and Brendo describing his adventures in Tulsa, but both episodes just made me happy.

What did everybody else think?

No comments:

Post a Comment