Sunday, October 31, 2010

My top 5 things to do to maintain a weave....

 Another Post Throw Back...

                                                So as many of u know as a hairstylist I try every hairstyle I produce just to see what the maintenance is like and how long the style can last if well taken care of. With that being said I've worn several types of weaves today I'm going to cover wearing a full head weave. The definition of a full head weave is that either all your hair is in or the there is more hair braided up than left out.....

1. Buy the best- nothing and I mean nothing kills a weave like a cheap bag of hair. I don't care how well I braid your hair or lay your tracks if the hair is cheap it will not maintain the hair style for a day let-a-lone 2 months

2. Maintenance appointments at least every 2 weeks- many of my clients, as well as, my coworkers clients attempt to was their weaves themselves which is fine if you have a dryer at home. Because, the hair is braided under the weave you run the chance of having smelly hair if its not washed and dried properly.

3. Wrap your hair- just because you have a weave do not.....wait DO NOT think that you can live fun and fancy free and sleep with out putting your hair up. Applying heat and styling the hair everyday puts wear and tear on the weave just as it would your own hair. Put those hot tools down ladies!!!!

4. Comb your Weave- hahahahaha okay I even have to laugh at this one. But, I have seen this more often than not, a client comes in and the weave is so tangles I'm afraid to touch it. The weft which is what the hair is attached to is held together by thread, so if I'm pulling and tugging on your weave you will lose large amounts of hair that can not be replaced and the hair will thin out before the weaves 2 month life spam is reached. Now we've all seen a "too thin" weave and no one wants that now do we.... comb that weave girl!

5. Last but so not least....take it down when its time- All you 6 month weave wearing ladies STOP IT!!! A weave is best maintained for only 2 months 3 is stretching it.

Which brings me to my next top 5......

When its time to take that weave out!!!!

Till next time stay fly and to my clients your hair belongs to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment