Thursday, October 28, 2010

Q & A's

Question's and Answer's, Many of my readers and clients alike often ask me questions in regard to hair care, make-up, general beauty like skin care and lastly Fashion be it for clothing or the latest home good trends. Here are a few questions I've been asked just this week:

Question
1. What should I do when my "Hair Enhancement System," (weave) goes flat and looses body, Also how do I wash it and what do I use?

Answer
First, when ever hair goes flat it's for two reasons; the hair is dirty be it natural or added and it is time for it to be washed. The next reason hair goes flat is due to maintenance if you wrap your hair instead of pin curling or rolling that will eventually make the hair flatten out completely. Which leads me to the second portion of the question how to and what do you use to wash a Hair Enhancement System. If you do not have a Dryer to sit under as you do at the salon to dry not only the added hair but also your braids, I urge you to not attempt this at home. It not only causes your braids to swell but it also causes them to smell as well. Once the weave begins to smell unfortunately there is nothing you can do other than take it out, which defeats the purpose of getting one after all you do want it to last for a month or two. Lastly you want to use a quality shampoo and conditioner such as Pureology or Redken anything along those line of  a Professional line. Here's why the hair that u have added to you hair especially if it is 100% human has been through a lot. I know often times we don't look at it that way but it belonged to someone before you, they cut it off, then it went through a series of chemical step for cleanliness and now it's yours. So we do want to take extra care just the same as we would with our own.

Question
2. How do you feel about Lace Fronts?
 
Answer
This is an easy one in my opinion unless your a celebrity of some sort or can afford the good quality and I'm not just speaking on the hair but the material they use underneath the hair I do not encourage wearing them. Yes, they're quick, easy, transforming and can save you during an emergency situation. However, the effects they cause on your hair,  the hair around your hairline to be exact it truly isn't worth it. I have had, and so have many of my co-workers,  clients with thinning hairlines due to lack of moisture and oxygen when wearing these type of wigs. So with all that being said, let's look at alternative things to do to and with the hair that are quick, easy, fun and transforming during an emergency. 

Question 
3. What should I do about my Dandruff problem and what products should I buy for the in between time of my appointments?

Answer
Although I do know an awful lot about hair I do not know the medical reasons behind the various types of dandruff. I urge my clients to go an see a dermatologist first, because the scalp and hair are tell tell signs if something is going wrong inside the body. Thyroid disease causes hair thinning and complete hair loss. High blood pressure medications cause hair thinning as well, and many times medications or skin allergies or problems cause dandruff. I would like anyone who suffers from dandruff no matter how little or how bad to go see your dermatologist first. The next step is the up keep of your hair while using theses medicated shampoo's and I often give protein treatments and deep conditioners to ensure healthy hair. In my opinion taking care of the scalp is the first priority. 
  
If you personally have any question please feel free to email me or ask on this post you can mark them Anonymous, and I'd be more than happy to give you MY answer. 

       

No comments:

Post a Comment