Tuesday, April 4, 2006

President evil?

Um, okay. So I finally got through "24" and... um... now I'm kind of regretting coming back for this season.

There are good twists, there are bad twists, and then there are mind-bogglingly wrong-headed, middle finger to the audience, la-la-la-I-can't-hear-your-complaints twists, and making President Logan the mastermind behind all the shit that's gone down is the latter.

Look, I know they're making this up as they go along, and I know that you have to check your disbelief at the door to watch, and I know that they've abandoned all pretense of the real time gimmick, or even of reality, but come fucking on! Logan, the spineless twerp who's been crapping in his pants for a season and a half, is really Keyser Soze? Uh-huh. So you can explain away all the dithering and whining he's done in the last two years? So you can even explain why, when we've seen glimpses of him alone -- when he has no earthly reason whatsoever to be pretending to be a wuss -- he still looks like he wants his mommy and his wubby? Uh-huh. I look forward to how far the writers have to bend over backwards to pull this one out of their own rears.

I'm already committed to this season, and maybe they'll surprise me and find some way to make this match up with all the previous stuff, but I doubt it. Methinks someone's been watching this "SNL" sketch a few too many times.

No comments:

Post a Comment