Monday, August 6, 2007

Boys to men

Very heady times here at What's Alan Watching?, as the blog got blurbed last night in a "John From Cincinnati" ad. (They were quoting my "enthralled" review of the sermon episode.) I've been blurbed a lot from the column, but it's a first for this place, and it has me in a particularly whore-ish mood. What other shows can I blurb now? Would you think less of me if I said "According to Jim" is a comedy masterpiece for our time? "Scott Baio is 45 and Single" is a riveting, thought-provoking examination of relationship and celebrity in the '00s? "The New Adventures of Old Christine" is better than "Seinfeld"?

Speaking of celebrity, today's column deals with VH1's "Mission: Man Band," a Celebrity Has-Beens On Parade series that I didn't hate, since at least it's inviting its has-beens (former members of 'N Sync, Color Me Badd, 98 Degrees and LFO) to do the thing that made them famous. There are also items on HBO's Hiroshima/Nagasaki documentary and the latest round of Fox scheduling shenanigans, the upshot of which is that "Don't Forget the Lyrics!" has bumped "New Amsterdam" to midseason, at least. (Those who prefer the single-page, printer-friendly version can read that instead.)

Reviews of "John" and the other Sunday shows coming up later this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment