Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Cupid finds a Claire

Phase two of casting the "Cupid" remake is complete, as Sarah Paulson has been cast to play Claire, the shrink whose job is to "cure" Bobby Cannavale's Trevor/Cupid.

While I didn't enjoy Paulson on "Studio 60," I think that was much more a matter of an unplayable part than any reflection of her, and I've liked her in many other roles. Like Paula Marshall as the original Claire, she can come off as brittle and kind of a killjoy, but she also has some comic chops to offset that when the script calls for it. And I have to assume that she and Cannavale sparked well off each other, as I've always said that the most important aspect of finding a Claire was to see how well the actress played with Cupid.

Like all of ABC's pilots that aren't "Life on Mars," the new "Cupid" is on a delayed production schedule and is under consideration for midseason.

No comments:

Post a Comment