Monday, June 16, 2008

Secret Diary of a Call Girl: Brokeback Belle

Very brief spoilers for the premiere of "Secret Diary of a Call Girl" coming up just as soon as I check my deodorant supply...

I said most of what I thought of the show in today's column: Billie Piper's quite saucy and fun, and I like the dissection of what a hooker's job actually entails beyond the obvious, but it's all quite superficial and safe. The premiere is mainly about the line Hannah tries to draw between her personal life and her work life as Belle, complete with her being drawn to, and then rejecting, a john who wanted the reality and not the fantasy. Not surprisingly, though, the more entertaining part of the episode was Belle helping her other new client saddle up.

What did everybody else think?

No comments:

Post a Comment