Wednesday, October 29, 2008

House, "Joy": Mother, may I?

Quick spoilers for last night's "House" coming up just as soon as I score some stepped-on coke...

An episode that started out annoying me to no end with the continued sledgehammer parallels between the patient and the doctors (in this case, Cuddy and Thirteen) took a very welcome left turn about 10 minutes in and turned out to be my favorite of the season. Lisa Edelstein now has her Emmy submission episode, and as awards bait goes, this was really strong. She got to show the full range of emotions as Cuddy dealt with the baby that may or may not have become hers, and she showed them all well. (Just look at that shot up top.)

The case was one of the more interesting ones they've had in a while (and was shot in very un-"House style by veteran "House" director Deran Sarafian), and then...

... I'm not sure whether to be pleased, alarmed or plain disturbed by the House/Cuddy kiss at episode's end. I don't remember whether it's ever been definitively said whether House and Cuddy did hook up in college/med school or if that's just something he likes to say to get her goat, but they have a history, and they have a bond, and they sure as hell have chemistry. But it also seems wrong to see House kissing anyone, even Cuddy. Again, my Swiss cheese memory is at work here, but I don't remember them showing him kissing Sela Ward. Actual physical coupling just seems alien for House. But I want to see how this plays out.

What did everybody else think?

No comments:

Post a Comment