Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Showtime orders two more seasons of 'Dexter'

Showtime just announced that they're ordering a 4th and 5th season of "Dexter," with 12 episodes set for each season.

Now, I loved the first two seasons of "Dexter" and I continue to think Michael C. Hall is doing great work here. But if you've been reading my reviews this season, you already know I don't think this is a good idea. If three seasons already seems like too much "Dexter" to me -- the concept gets diluted the longer they do it -- than four and five are definitely too much.

Then again, based on a lot of the comments, I appear to be in the minority on this view. Maybe I'll just stop watching after this year. But "Dexter" seems like a classic example of a show that should be done on the British model: one or two seasons, then stop unless the creator has an absolutely brilliant idea that he feels he has to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment