Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pushing Daisies, "Dim Sum Lose Sum": Watch some, miss some

A couple of weeks ago, the great Roger Ebert got in some hot water for reviewing a movie he had (admittedly) stopped watching after the first eight minutes. Ebert later explained his reasoning, and eventually realized that he had screwed up.

I bring up Eight-Minute-Gate because while I was physically present for all 42 minutes or so of last night's "Pushing Daisies," I was mentally present for maybe a third of it, if that. Having just watched the Obamathon, and then the Phillies winning the World Series in the city I lived in for four years, I got a little too sucked into online discussion of both those events (plus a debate with several fellow Penn alums over whether Pat's, Geno's or Jim's has the best cheesesteaks) and realized I was missing large chunks of the episode in question. It looked pretty, as far as I can tell, and the weird card game seemed amusing (though it has a ways to go to beat the thing Barney was playing in the "Atlantic City" episode of "How I Met Your Mother"), but any actual opinions I tried to express about this one would just be guesswork.

So in the interests of full transparency, I'm going to admit defeat and turn this one into a "Pushing Daisies" open thread. Since I have no thoughts, what did everybody else think?

No comments:

Post a Comment