Sunday, January 14, 2007

24: Taking a bite out of crime

I feel like I gave most of my thoughts on the first four "24" episodes in my column on Friday, so this is mostly an excuse for people to comment. However, I have to discuss one spoiler-y thing after the jump...

Dude! Jack totally bit out some guy's carotid!!!!! Dude! DUDE!!!!!

Sorry, but moments like that unleash my inner 14-year-old, and also excuse the usual "24" sins, in this case including a higher talkiness quotient than usual. The stuff about civil liberties vs. security is interesting to a point, but mostly I'm guessing that it, like Jack's temporary crisis of confidence, will last only until the writers get distracted and move on to something else. For a guy who was barely capable of moving early in episode one, Jack got limber in a hurry, what with the way he kicked the bomber off the subway car.

What did everybody else think?

No comments:

Post a Comment