Tuesday, January 23, 2007

HIMYM: Naked came the Barnatee

The Internet helped me out with "How I Met Your Mother," and I have a few minutes downtime, so quick spoilers just as soon as I ponder whether Marshall spends as much time weekly rewatching that Ford Expedition commercial with Nessie as I do with "Dick in a Box"...

Bryan Cranston and his little feet do their best to prop up the first exclusively Ted-centric A-story in a while, but all it did was to remind me why the show hasn't done one in so long. As straight man for Barney or Marshall or the ladies, or as friendly mocker of Swarley or the New Dart, he's perfectly fine, but as a solo comic character, he's an empty (nude?) canvas.

The nude painting subplot wasn't quite legendary, but I liked Marshall's reaction to the painting in the bar, Marshall squeezing more money out of Barney, and the fact that the gang isn't limiting their merry prankstering to just Barney.

What did everybody else think?

No comments:

Post a Comment