Wednesday, January 31, 2007

House: And I never learned to read!!!

I'm guessing last night's Very Special Episode of "House" was a love-it-or-hate-it proposition for most people, though my reaction was more in the middle. I appreciated the attempt to avoid the formula, laughed at the early clinic scenes and even enjoyed House's struggle to be human for five minutes with his patient, but I really hope the writers don't want us to think that House's Deep, Dark Secret explains everything about why he is who he is.

The Cameron story, meanwhile, missed the mark, assuming there was a mark in the first place. And I'm not sure the first episode after the Tritter quagmire is the best time to do a non-formula episode. Better to get back to doing what the show does best for at least a few weeks before trying to reinvent the wheel again.

What did everybody else think?

No comments:

Post a Comment