Thursday, July 19, 2007

David Beckham

Hey folks, it's your old pal McLean Stevenson back for another run at looking at some of the world's most famous career moves. This is the part of the post where I would link you back to my own blog, but you probably don't care and neither do I. Hopefully I can get to the point where I piss off one of the local commenter guys (looking at you, WCT) and draw some heat that way. But let's move on to this week's biggest non-dog murdering story, David Beckham.

Any time you get the opportunity to leave the most famous team in the world (Real Madrid, not Real Salt Lake), following a historic championship, in order to play alongside Cobi Jones on the "Hello, Larry" of the MLS (that�s not making the playoffs this year), you�ve gotta do it. I'm kidding. Well sorta. I feel you Becks. I know it's not easy playing second fiddle to somebody who can't carry your jock. I had Alan Alda and you have that freaking vampire, Roberto Carlos. So me and Wayne Rogers have your back, Becks. Besides, you made more money during this post, than most people do in a lifetime.

As for Saturday's game, I say screw the fans. Those people just want to see Chelsea anyway. To prove your worth, show up for a game against the Metro Stars and really show them how you draw.

No comments:

Post a Comment