Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Plays well with others

Those of you who were here a year ago may remember that I had a mic-o a mic-o battle with a certain popular online TV reporter at the "Gilmore Girls" session. Well, after the "Friday Night Lights" session (which was really a lovefest, and which I'll be writing about extensively down the road, after I've transcribed all my interviews), I moved from scrum to scrum, chatting with Adrianne Palicki, then Jason Katims for a story I'm thinking about on the Landry-Tyra relationship (which Katims promised will be a major focus of the new season). I couldn't find Jesse Plemons anywhere, so I figured I would catch him at the party, only to spot him as I was walking out of the room. I walked towards him...

...and so did the other reporter in question. We looked at each other for a moment, and he graciously offered to let me go first. I suppose, given that I "won" our battle last time, the thing to do would have been to let him go first, but I didn't want this to turn into one of those "No, no, no, no -- after you" back and forth things, so after suggesting the compromise solution of talking to him together in a mini-scrum (he declined), I did a quick interview with Jesse, then turned it over to my counterpart.

And everyone was happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment