Tuesday, May 13, 2008

My best day ever so far, by Joe

In the recent Bissinger vs. blogs discussion, I mentioned Kansas City Star sportswriter Joe Posnanski as one of the best sports bloggers on the planet. Joe has a great entry up on his blog today, describing the best story he ever covered in person, and how it eventually threatened to become too good for his purposes. One of the readers even dug up a copy of the column Joe write and posted it in the comments. I've never written sports, but I've had days in my career where a story I was covering became so rich with detail that I didn't know what to do with it all. Joe's a hell of a writer, in print and online, so even if you don't know or care about sports in general or Greco-Roman wrestling in particular, it's absolutely worth the read.

No comments:

Post a Comment