Thursday, May 29, 2008

"Dude, you've got some...Arzt...on you."

Only breakfast, plus a full workday, plus dinner, plus the first hour of primetime(*) until the "Lost" finale, boys and girls! Are you excited? I'm excited.

(*) Per last week's podcast, apparently the 8 o'clock hour will feature a slightly modified rerun of part one of "There's No Place Like Home," featuring different questions at the Oceanic Six press conference that deal with other details of the cover story. Sneaky ABC programmers. I'm assuming a combined version will be on the DVDs.

Because we've been promised something as mind-blowing, game-changing and cliche-invoking as last year's "Through the Looking Glass," my plan is to get up a temporary blank post at 11 o'clock (or as soon as I finish the episode, if I'm time-shifting slightly) to allow comments while I work on writing the actual review. Assuming I'm not a complete chimp, the full review should take the place of the blank post without displacing any of the pre-existing comments.

In the meantime, to get you in the mood, you might want to check out these dueling lists of the 15 best "Lost" episodes ever. (List spoiler alert: both authors are clearly Desmond/Penny fans. As well they should be.) I'll admit that it's been so long since I've seen a lot of season one and two episodes that I wouldn't feel confident in making such a list myself (though I know "Through the Looking Glass," "Walkabout," "Man of Science, Man of Faith," possibly "Exodus" (if you can take away the horrible ending) and a good chunk of this season, notably "The Constant," would be on it), but feel free to suggest, here or there, your own list of the best of "Lost."

No comments:

Post a Comment