Thursday, May 17, 2007

Upfront Watch: No CW yet, but 'Veronica Mars seems dead

I couldn't attend the CW's upfront in person, and my attempt to watch a streaming video feed of it made me feel like I was using a TRS-80, and they have yet to send out an actual press release yet (even though Fox sent theirs a half-hour ago, and I'll get to it shortly).

For readers of this blog, though, the obvious interest is in the fate of "Veronica Mars," and I'm told that in a chat with reporters afterwards, Dawn Ostroff said, basically, that the show was we know it (i.e. the college years) is dead, they're still considering some kind of spin-off (i.e., Veronica: FBI), but that she didn't think it was going to happen. As Rob has been saying in some other interviews, they technically have until mid-June to make a decision, but I don't see it happening, especially with Kristen Bell as the narrator for "Gossip Girls."

UPDATE: Rob said all the writers are accepting job offers from other shows. It's over.

Back with Fox in a few...

No comments:

Post a Comment