Wednesday, April 2, 2008

All TV: Scripted show return dates, 'My Name Is Earl' review

Today's column starts off with a bit of customer service, as I reiterate the return dates (and number of remaining episodes) for most of the scripted shows that haven't already come back post-strike. I also preview tomorrow's "My Name Is Earl" episode (which, as too often is the case, underwhelmed me), and talk a little about Jeff Zucker's attempt to be the new Brandon Tartikoff.

And speaking of Zucker and NBC, the NBC upfront is today, and I should have a dispatch on it by late afternoon. Based on some preliminary comments by NBC co-president Marc Graboff, it sounds like the announcement is going to be short on specifics and long on contingency plans (NBC! We're the new Fox!), but at the very least we should know for certain about the future of "Friday Night Lights" and whether "Scrubs" will be on NBC or ABC next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment